Primary Care Programs
Primary care practices across the Partners HealthCare system have spent the last five years building the necessary infrastructure to support effective population health management.
This enhanced primary care infrastructure includes:
- The Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model of care;
- A team-based approach;
- Effective use of the Epic electronic medical record (EMR);
- Patient access to an online patient portal and online patient education tools;
- Increased staff levels to support care management programs and behavioral health offerings;
- Enhanced coordination between primary care and specialty services through online e-consults for providers and virtual follow-up visits for patients.
What’s next for Primary Care at Partners HealthCare?
- Sustained and optimized essential Medical Home foundation;
- Tangible demonstration of value to patients;
- Focus on Quality & Value by demonstration of superior care;
- Improved work-life value for providers and staff;
- Demonstration of consistent strategies and characteristics across all practices, while also supporting local autonomy.